Thursday, July 16, 2009

So they say. And, Hypotension, I think.

Writers write. At least, that's what people keep telling me. And the nagging feeling keeps nudging at me.

So I sat in my apartment on a Saturday night. That's when my body finally began waking up. And my brain, so be it. Something about a hot day sucks the motivation and the energy and the brainpower right outta ya.

Life cannot be lived within four walls of one of LA's apartments, lamenting life and watching an Entourage marathon. Plus, cabin fever. After being back in the apartment hunting predicament - Los Angeles, for all its glitz and glamourized reputation, has a disparity of socioeconomic strata, and also, a wide variety of gloomy, apartments available. We're in the SoCal desert, people, get central air already! Omg.

My wrist and my elbow are throbbing because I have tendonitis. Carpal tunnel's precursor. And, my foot has a new scar from a bug that bit me while I was eating lunch during work.

I just remembered something else they say. The worst part of writing, is, writing.
Why is it that people tell you that when you think you're not being productive, you're not learning anything or experiencing any personal growth, you really are, you just don't know it yet ? It's that kind of bullshit that pisses you off when you hear it. I'm just sayin'.

But I'm an American, I think. We are experts at wasting time. Oh yeah, and obesity. Americans are known for being able to add heart disease to any healthy food item. So - back to wasting time. We are the creators of myspace, twitter, youtube, and facebook, after all. And, of course, I'm in Los Angeles. There's traffic and parties and shopping on Melrose and doing laundry and self-deprecation and celeb-spotting at the Grove. All while hating L.A. - that stuff all takes time out of your day.

And why the fuck is it so hot in my apartment when it's 60 degrees outside at night?

Hypotension.
Am I tired because I'm depressed or am I depressed because I'm tired ?

I think I should be diagnosed with low blood pressure. In fact, I am convinced that's what I have. 90 over 60 consistently, sleeping for 8, 10, 12 hours at a time. And still exhausted, all the time. Thanks, WebMD. Now let's see what my doc says after I've one-upped him.