Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The City of Los Angeles is Closed Today. Or Just Tired.

First with the courthouses and post offices. It's only a matter of time. The City of Los Angeles will be closed today due to massive debts and frivolous city spending. My goodness. Dropping incomes and rising costs of living. What's the sales tax now ? Those 1 bedrooms will soon have two residents, the doubles will be triples, and the triples will turn into quads. Great - like freshman year. Except I'm a grown ass woman.

Getting Out
Went hiking into the beautiful enclave of mountains and clean air a good ways away from L.A. Refreshing, in every way. If I had known I'd be sore for days afterwards I would have paid more attention to stretching before and after the adventure.
Why does it feel so good to get out of L.A. ?

talk
Friend: We might have an opening coming up in our department if you're interested.
Me: Oh. Will it be fun and exciting?
Friend: No. (pause) But...they will pay you. Money.
Me: Oh.

LOTW lines-of-the-week
  • Uh..I think I'm done talking to you. (CLICK.)
  • I don't respond well to excessive phone callers.
  • My computer is taking forever. My clothes are going out of style.
  • Tomorrow's Friday? All week it just felt - so - far - away.
  • Why is your computer so slow? I don't know. Maybe it's tired. Just like me.

    Daily Grind
    My computer is slowing down at work again today. I keep emptying out files but keep getting the same agonizing pace. Es una tortura. (como Shakira dice) My carpal tunnel and tendonitis brace is getting annoying so today I have replace it with one of my tennis wristbands. So now I think I look sporty as opposed to crippled. Athletic and hip vs. old and decrepit. Oh, social stigmas.

    I don't believe God created me in order to work and nothing else. There's supposed to be some fun had along the way. But today, I'm too tired to have any.

    So I crawl into bed and wait for sleep. Or death.