Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Like a Drug. And, the Sleep Study Exists!

I love sleeping. I love my bed. I love lying on my bed and looking forward to the sleep I am about to enjoy.
Sleep must be my addiction. Not cigarettes or alcohol, but sleep.

This week is the first week that everyone at work will not be leaving early on Friday, due to the end of summer and a return to our regularly scheduled programming.
Who knew that September would continue to be a downer after your school days were long gone ?

The sleep study exists!
Took forever to fall asleep at the lab. It's all very strange. Such a monumental amount of trust involved in sleeping in a strange place.

I arrive at the lab at 9:30pm sharp. The office has been near my old apartment this whole time. What was kind of creepy was the fact that I was going to go to sleep in a strange place, literally no one there except myself and the guy administering the sleep study. Like I said, monumental trust.
Anyhow, I get there and answer a bazillion questions regarding my health. Then, I get wired up all over my head, and on my arms and legs. The wires are used to detect movement as well as my heart rate, and even if my eyes are open or closed.

Couldn't help but wish the guy administering the lab study was cuter. Doesn't life seem a little bit nicer when you're surrounded by attractive people ? Comforting, almost. Superficial, definitely. I suppose I would have felt a tiny bit more comfortable considering it was a sterile office/lab environment and not the Westin.

I still have blobs of glue stuck on my scalp from where the wires were connected to my head. Even after I washed my hair, I still feel slightly self-conscious. Ah well. No one cares.

Am very curious about my results. It would be an anxious week if I wasn't so drained.

Can't wait to go to bed.