Thursday, January 31, 2008

Fluffernutter

I was just thinking about fluffernutter sandwiches. You just don't see them around anymore. Peanut butter and marshmallow spread anchored between two pieces of carb-loaded bread. Mmm, comfort food. I guess I'll put that on the cheat list, along with designer cupcakes, mocha lattes, and hot-off-the-line doughnuts. For a zip code that worships six-pack abs and celebrities, there sure are a lot of doughnut shops and fast food joints packed in this town.

More on the job hunting front: if you're going to ask me to put in a full day of work, "learning the ropes" with one of your own, and call it an "interview," you'd better be able to cough up the money for my time. The things corps get away with. Ciao, Papa.

I lost my Burt's Bees lip balm. I bought another one. Why is it that you can't buy these things in bulk? Marketing ploy, Burt? Then I found my old one later that day.

Million-dollar business idea:
SILENT leaf-blowers. I loathe you, you 8am-on-a-Saturday-morning gardeners.

Lines that steal
  • "You matter to me, Betty Gonzalez." - Amanda Tannen, Ugly Betty, 'Zero Worship' ep.
  • "Stripping's like riding a bike. Once you ride that bike, you always got the skill." - Big, Rob and Big, season two ep 205.
    These bosom buddies - I hate reality television, but they're just so damn likable. Ridiculous outings, overgrown immaturity and all - and I just can't look away. Their typical misadventures include visits to the nutritionist, hypnotherapist, and stripper dance lessons. But you gotta throw in a kooky phone call to a guy who hooked them up with a time machine. Yeah, I know. Can't change the channel.