Monday, December 21, 2009

it smells like a man in my apartment.

I have gotten quite used to living on my own in my apartment. It is a beautiful thing, not to have to clean up after other people after a hard-working day on the job.

So, I turn the key into the lock. I push the door open. I flip the switch and turn around to close the door. There is a faint smell - something smells different in my apartment. What is that...? It smells like a man in my apartment.

The aroma of cologne is distinct, wafting through my kitchen. I'm slightly creeped out but curious. I have no idea what kind of cologne it is. I quickly walk into my bedroom and bathroom, curious as to what (or whom) would be emanating the scent.

Spotted! A dark jacket draped over the barstool. It does not belong to me. I lean over and take a quick sniff. Source of cologne, identified. It is my friend's jacket - he had left it from a dinner party I had the night before. I'm appeased. Now I'm slightly ill at ease because it smells like a man in my apartment and my apartment doesn't smell, well, like my apartment.

I know I haven't blogged in awhile - but trust me, at least I have been (somewhat) productive. I've begun working on a short story, which I anticipated to be 8-10 pages but instead has turned into upwards of 35 pages, with plenty of development and revisions ahead of me. Also, I have finished all of my holiday shopping! Things get busy when you're competing with 12.9 million greater LA residents for parking spaces at the mall.

WOTW



  • boon. benefit, favor.



  • fracas. a noisy quarrel.

    Next: bracing myself for 34 degree weather.