Saturday, January 9, 2010

Less than 24 hours.

It was the holidays, and the holidays have come and gone yet again. It feels like a faded memory.

I've been at my parents' house for less than 24 hours and I'm bored and already thinking about what I need to do when I get back to la-la land.

My mother keeps commenting on my hair - the bangs are too short, and the length is too long. She recounts the comment of a cousin of mine what must have been given to her months ago - she pulls from the files of her memory and keeps dragging it out to me, over and over again, as if I didn't absorb it the first five times.

Yep, I'm definitely back at my parents' house again.

It's been about 8 years since I've lived with my parents, after I went to college and spent my summers interning, and then entered the workforce.

In other news, maybe this is exactly what I need/want. Some time away from the city, from work, from the hustle-and-bustle. When you're not at home you can focus on, well, having time to focus on the things you don't usually get to focus on. For example, not overusing the word, 'focus.'

A lot can happen in less than 24 hours, I'm aware. Thanks, pop culture and film world.

COTW [crush-of-the-week]

  • Guys in 1940s haircuts. 50s, too. Lately the throwback to post-war slicked hair combed to the side or with a slight poof and wave has had a certain charm. Who knew?

    WOTW [words-of-the-week]

  • glib. adjective. marked by ease or informality; nonchalant. showing little forethought or preparation : offhand. lacking depth and substance : superficial.