Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Naturally Born Brooding and Reviving Lunch

Some people are naturally high on life. You know him. All smiles, always positive, well-liked, upbeat, Mr. Sunshine whom is high on life aLL the time. Makes you sick sometimes.

I have concluded early on in life that I am one to sit back and brood. The brooding type. Yup, that's me. Not Miss Peppy, but the one behind her. Way back over there. Almost - yeah, the one sitting outside by the tree by herself. Usually reading a book or scribbling some notes down. Right there. Okay, a bit exaggerated, but the fundamental is the same. If you're glancing over at me, and it's when we're not talking, I'm not reading or watching TV, but seem quietly lost in thought? That's when I'm probably brooding.

Wake Up, Lunch

Lunch has officially gotten boring. The adult's recess, the lunch hour has transitioned discreetly from something that I used to look forward to, hungrily anticipating which culinary fare I would choose for my precious sixty minutes.

And thus catalyzed today's lunch to a local Indian restaurant a stone's throw from the office. Some sauces to choose from, some distinct curry flavors to each dish, and I'm pleasantly surprised. Give a girl some options and you can call it a day. What a difference lunch can make.

Now I'll have to see about dessert...