Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Chocolate-Covered Strawberries and Things of That Nature

The lunch dilemma has now seeped into all other meals - food can rapidly become boring.

Yes, the struggling assistant's budget allows for some limitations - but also the push to be more creative in terms of taste, research, and selection. It's even the small touches that make the monumental differences - not the full-on, three-course meal, but the tasty little details.

In steps Baker's dipping chocolate. I notice the jar at my neighborhood Albertson's. I proceed to the produce aisle - I have never bought Baker's dipping chocolate, or any chocolate that wasn't in the form of individually wrapped confection or semi-sweet chocolate chip. At a loss for something new, I picked it up - I remember that the strawberries at TJ's I had bought was one of those freakishly large-sized berries. Perfect for covering with chocolate.

Wow - I can't believe I just spent an entire paragraph talking about chocolate-covered strawberries. I suppose it really is the simple things in life that is enough to keep me content. Suficiente, supongo, suficiente.