Monday, June 30, 2008

Obsession, What Happened in the Kitchen, and Have Some Class, Beyotch

Being in my apartment is just too depressing.

It's early evening and still light out. I find myself in the same cafe that offered solace yesterday. As it gets darker I notice that I've managed to snag a seat at the only table which has a burnt-out light bulb hanging overhead. every other table that is located near an outlet is taken, and its pretty full. Love. Ah. Ly.

Whilst trying not to think about my apartment...

[www.webster.com]
obsession. noun. 1: a persistent disturbing preoccupation with an often unreasonable idea or feeling; broadly : compelling motivation 2: something that causes an obsession.
It's the apartment hunting on the brain, which I don't have any time to be doing, but that's the thing about fixation.
No water pressure in the bathroom sink for three sporadic days.

What Happened in the Kitchen
I replace the coffee filter in the machine, add the coffee, and it starts brewing. I return a few minutes later and push the button to dispense coffee into the cup. I let go of the button. The coffee continues dispensing into the 12-cup carafe.

Have Some Class, Beyotch
About those blazingly insecure assistants in the biz that are all too prevalent and the unfortunate and devil-spawned bosses that perpetuate the abrasive bitchiness...
Don't forget that life is incredibly short to be wasting so much time and energy.

Me: Hello...just wanted to check if that meeting happened already.
Insecure Assistant: What meeting?
Me: the one between...[insert names].
Beyotch (I.A.) : When was it?
Me: That's why I'm calling. To check if it happened - would have been within the last couple weeks.
Beyotch: I need a date. Maybe you should check your information and call back when you're ready.
Me: No. That's why I'm calling - to find out which date it was, if it's already taken place.
Beyotch: Well, I don't know.
Me: Well can you -
Beyotch: 'Bye.
Click.

So..can you ask your boss, you incompetent moron? Have some class, beyotch.

It's a teeny tiny town, and karma does not forget.