Saturday, October 11, 2008

Flattery, it seems, still works.

Most people feel, for the most part, ignored.

I was slightly flattered by the Visa credit card guy on the phone that was transferring my credit card balances. Ok, well it was unexpected, so maybe it struck more of a chord since it took me by surprise. After I asked my meticulous questions regarding charges, transaction fees, and interest rates (got my rate down to 7.99%, if you're dying to know) and the 0% interest window, the friendly male voice asked,"If you don't mind my asking, how old are you?"
At this point I was half-thinking that this may be another security question (albeit after all the business was discussed and set), but on the other hand, gut feeling that this was out of curiosity. Seems I was quite the inquisitive credit cardholder, and a couple of the questions I asked were not frequently mentioned.
Ah, flattery. Even though my dirty financial burdens were aired out to some customer service guy, he was impressed by the information I requested. Yep, still feeling flattered over here.

Now that I'm off of the phone, I am getting off of my computer, and getting out of my apartment...