Sunday, December 28, 2008

the afflicted

A holiday with the flu is no holiday at all.

For the past few days I've been popping Dayquils and Tylenol Cold pills like candy (I could really go for some Jelly Bellies, come to think of it). I draft this blog on my phone as I lie in bed with the comforter pulled up to my chin, desperately wishing that my parents had wireless internet. I could then at least enjoy my Hulu queue while resting up in bed. Those who are shackled by ethernet cords may relate.

So my parents' house back East is where I am spending the holidays, as I suspect many Angelenos might. My days thus far have included sneezing and blubbering about, and cancelling various plans due to the pesky nature of this influenza. But I was able to catch up on a bit of television.
Top Chef: I have a new favorite character; his name is Fabio. The Italian accent and culturally infused self-deprecation provides adorable yet lighthearted moments of amusement.
Also ended up watching two hours of Dateline about two college girls whose identities were mistaken. Riveting stuff.
Diners, drive-ins and dives: quite possibly the most delectable show I enjoy on the Food Network. That Guy has a sweet job. There should be a World List of Sweet Jobs and How To Go About Getting Them.

Some of my initiatives for 2009:
1. Meet Diego Luna.
2. Find an intercambio whom looks like Diego Luna.
3. Get some writing done.
4. Get the hell out of credit card debt.
5. Make a pie from scratch.
6. Finish up 2008's remaining projects.
7. Take the Metro more. Drive less.
8. Keep more dark chocolate handy.