Monday, December 15, 2008

That One Whom Kills Crullers. And Getting A Bit Nuts Over Here.

I feel diabetic today. I don't know what feeling diabetic truly entails, but I feel guilty, obese, and I have a headache. Yes, the return of the beached whale - onset of the holidays - or..something like that. Maybe the world collectively gets freaked out at the thought of the end of an entire YEAR OF LIFE that they retreat in a consuming panic and reach for comfort food for the better part of two months. (Isn't Halloween just the gateway holiday?)
Yesterday's buffet of delicious Indian food at lunch and after having no breakfast I had a lunch and a half and then some.

I just polished off an American bagel-sized French cruller doughnut. Just put it away.

Last night after work on the way to a mixer I really wanted a churro. So I had a churro. Dinner at home was skipped, opted for a tea with lemon and honey instead.
Oh yeah in the afternoon there were Jelly Belly beans and Mrs. Fields' nibbler cookies. The heartbreaker was that THE CHURRO WASN'T EVEN GOOD.

With the holiday hoopla anticipation building, I'm getting a bit nuts over here.

Yes, I am a bit freaked out that I will be freezing my arse off in the suburbs of Philly while I visit my family back East (UNDENIABLY the best decision I've made in awhile - long overdue time devoted to getting THE HELL OUT of town). But I'm working every day up until I fly out (vacation days are too valuable too waste).

OACUN, Dr. Suresh needs to learn how to FIGHT! It's just pathetic. I could fight better than whatever we've seen from him this season. And I'm a hulking 5'3" figure.

Also - now that I've only missed last week's episode of Heroes, I'm completely lost - and thus the flaws of not having self-contained episodes backfires. It's as if we were all at the same bar talking, but it was just so crowded and loud that only half the circle heard what a couple people were saying. So the other half just nodded on, and when they were able to hear the rest of the conversation continue, they have no idea what they were talking about. Have things really changed all that much? Everyone's running around, trying to catch Sylar. Yup, still Sylar. Details a bit muffled, but we could pull the gist of it.

Tomorrow's Friday, right? Well it feels like it should be.

COTW [crush-of-the-week]
  • Guys in the jeans-and-blazer jackets. Simple and delicious.