Thursday, January 15, 2009

The No Sweat Yoga. Aging Conversations. Fantasy.

Just walked away from my first ever yoga class.
Conclusion: I am not mature enough for yoga. Can't stop laughing. AND why don't we turn the lights on? My goodness. I don't feel like I did anything - breathing. It was more of a breathing class. Ah well. I have signed up for this nine-week commitment and I will ride it out.
Addendum: I'm more of a high-intensity workout personality. Pounding on a treadmill, pumping iron, rolling out the crunches; in other words, painful sweat sessions.

Aging Conversations
Older Friend: Why don't you girls go out dancing lately? I don't understand - you're young - why are you guys tired all the time?
Me: First of all, we are all busy. Second, I'm trying to accomplish other things in life simultaneously, i.e. studying, saving money. Thirdly, I'm not initiating social outings anymore.
What I remembered later on was: We're young but we work really hard and sometimes we're completely spent.

I am too old to go clubbing. I'm not talking about salsa clubs, but the uber-trendy somewhere-on-Cahuenga-Blvd.-joints . Life is short, time is priceless. I am too old to deal with the bullshit of waiting in a long ass line outside of a barren club.

Fantasy.
I've noticed that people fantasize around here. A LOT. I thought it was interesting that it happens often or maybe I'm just picking up on it. Hypotheticals of a Sugar Mama/Sugar Daddy or If-I-Won-The-Lottery tangents. I wonder. Perhaps if LA wasn't based on such superficial and costly ideals it wouldn't be as rampant in these parts.
Financial power is something we'd all always want more of. Maybe I'm just a bit too realistic to spend time thinking about that. The odds aren't in our favor. And even if those odds happen to transpire in your lifetime, what is it really? Aren't you just alienating friends and family, and getting directed to the bracket of the population with a higher suicide rate?