Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Speculation, Eye Twitching, and Mochi=A Simple Life

Some people speculate about an office crush. Some speculate about having a nicer car, nicer apartment, or winning the lottery. As for me, my routine daydreams revolve around time. And breakfast. I dream about getting up early enough to stop by the local joint before work and sitting down to a full hour of strong coffee, french toast and perusing the paper.
Or a huge plate of chocolate chip pancakes with syrup, fluffy scrambled eggs, and some Tabasco sitting at the ready. Or maybe a heaping Belgian waffle covered in fresh strawberries and whipped cream. Or a goat cheese and spinach scramble. Add a glass of freshly squeezed oj. Sometime between Monday and Friday.
It has yet to happen, I suspect that to be the reason for its lingering stamp on my brain. I dare to dream to have the luxury of time before rush hour.

My eye is twitching. I have had some anxiety of being a bit busier, what with studying for a secondary career, taking on a writing class, and hitting the gym more than once in a blue moon. Didn't see the twitching coming, however.
I have no idea how people manage marriages and raising kids while having a full-time career, nevertheless going to school. It's nuts. It's absolutely nuts. Thank God I can go home and close the door to my room and be alone. Note to self: I really do need to get a 'Do Not Disturb' sign for my room. Make that two. (For work, of course.)

Froyo and the Simple (and Good) LifeI finally got my frozen yogurt after days of a dissatisfied hankering. Some tart original flavor and self-serve topping madness. I was thinking, in that moment, there's something so genuine about it. Enjoying something sweet. The world grew quiet for a moment. Nothing else mattered except for savoring the sweet and crunchy cup of goodness - there's nothing adult or complicated about it. Mochi, sprinkles, strawberries, and oreo cookie crumble, in case you're wondering? Who knew? Mochi over froyo and life is simple again.

LOTW"This is Top Chef, not Top Scallops!" Fabio Viviani, Top Chef contestant (Season 5, Episode 7). Fabio doubles as COTW. Also interesting that though the Italiano resides in the greater L.A. area, pronounces his European roots on all counts. Guess LA really does consist of local transplants who will stop at nothing to defend the fact that they're not from L.A.

I realize I am quite behind in my television watching - apologies for the delay, life has gone a little nuts and has begun to change lanes and run a couple of the red lights (please see paragraph regarding eye twitching above). Many thanks to the total of four readers that manage to skim thru my humble blog.