Monday, June 21, 2010

In the backseat. Waking Up, Jury Duty, WOTW.

I'm sitting in the backseat of my mother's car once again.  I flashback to the numerous times I have sat here while I was growing up, staring at my mom's shoulder and the side of her head and perhaps her eyeline in the rearview mirror. Hours spent driving me to movies, kids birthday parties, road trips.  I blink back to my present adulthood.  I love being a passenger these days; such a rare occurrence.

Waking Up.
I woke up at 5:00am today.  I have often dreamt about waking up early - the possibilities at what I could accomplish: I could go running, make pancakes, do my QT, organize my room, stop by CVS, put gas in my car, pack a lunch, get some writing done...these are the things I think about.  I have not woken up this early in a very, very long time.  Well, catching a flight doesn't count.  I mean waking up early on a normal, non-traveling day.  (Is this what most twentysomethings think?  Or just the overachievers that hail from the East coast, I wonder?)

What I had forgotten, however, was the greatest battle in getting out of bed at such an early hour.  How warm and cozy and unbelievably comfortably my bed is...that, I had forgotten about.

I did not end up making any pancakes today.  Will have to save those chocolate chips for another day.


Jury Duty.
I was finally picked on for jury duty.  No, I know it's supposed to be at random (isn't it?), but I find that I always end up feeling like I'm being bullied when I receive that 'jury summons' letter.
Walking to the metro station and commuting for nearly an hour to the courthouse and then back home at the end of the day has left me wiped for the day.  Baby, what a long and tiresome day!
Note to self: add a note for the Suggestion Box that the court offer complimentary hot breakfast and strong coffee for jurors.  I know, I'm a genius....


WOTW
copacetic. adjective.  very satisfactory.  also spelled copasetic or copesetic.