Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Hibernating.

My weekend bristling with activity came to a halt when the onset of fatigue and exhaustion set in on Sunday afternoon. I was struggling to keep my eyes open. Decided to hightail it back to my place for a quick one-hour nap and then head back out - still had a concert to enjoy, and a party to attend. I then woke up, thirteen hours later, having slept threw a few phone calls and my alarm.

But what people don't know is, though it happens occasionally, it's kind of normal in my family. A few select relatives of mine are known to hibernate periodically. Conking out for 10, 12, 14 hours is the norm. Having a twenty degree temperature difference between the air in your room and the toasty cocoon of your comforter doesn't facilitate getting up in the morning.

Something carried over from the weekend. Even after the psycho-nap from Sunday, on Monday I found myself crawling into bed right after work, literally feeling myself physically melt into my bed - who knew this thing was sooo comfortable? Deliciously comfortable. I literally sighed with comfort.

Reminder to self: DO NOT toss remainder of a chicken soft taco in your trash can under your desk. Even if you ate most of it. There will still be olfactory pungency. I suppose when you're in a rush you don't end up making the most sound decisions. Painful regret.

I want to see Spring Awakening. Front row. Basically anything in the front row other than a comedy club.

There's a polyp growing on my eye. Okay, I cleaned it off. Wondering how commonly that happens.

I think somebody responding to my blog was just hitting on me. Blog-flirting. Well, that's new. Not the same as facebook wall-flirting.

It's almost Wednesday (and with the holiday) - make that this week's Friday. What I really want to do is escape - get away from it all...hmm. Delicioso food for thought.