Sunday, November 30, 2008

The Great Escape

This past holiday got me not only shopping and thinking about the
things in life that I'm thankful for, but about the holiday.
Ushered in were new desires to get away and take a vacation - without
family and friends. Is this normal? I wonder. Family and friends
can be the premier sources of stress for adults, I reason with myself.
Where is all this coming from, anyway? Maybe what I'm truly wanting
is not to get away from the people in my life, but solely to get outta
town. L.A. Can get quite depressing, and all the networking and
industry competition and self-inflicted pressure can get stifling
under the smog-ridden air, and behind the superficial backdrop, and trendy
whims of Hollywood.


Can't we re-introduce those ideals of a simpler time? The days of skee
ball and old school Nintendo? From a world where there was no $4
cupcake and cell phones didn't ring at every step of the meeting up
process?

--


You know?