Monday, November 17, 2008

Pre-Holiday Rut

I woke up for the nth time this week after falling asleep with my glasses on and the lights still on. As a result, my seven year old glasses are bent and now hang crookedly on my face. Hanging crookedly as I peer out from behind them, typing this blog and listening to classical music, trying to ignore the droning sound of my roommate taking a freaking twenty-five minute shower. Gotta find new glasses for that updated prescription...

Do you ever subconsciously make sabotaging moves toward your friendships? Don't answer that. I suppose that's what vacations taken solamente are for, should I be one of the lucky ones to afford it in the future. How to Alienate Everyone You Know. Ask this chick.

I've been getting a bit more relaxed with every day that I've lived in the Southland - but not to say that it's been a struggle. Well, not that I'm trying to adapt. Just trying to grow up and live while keeping the bigger picture in mind. In brief, just to chillax a bit more and not worry so much about those other things life keeps throwing at you. It's wasted time, worrying. Time and energy and life.

I wonder if I can fit in a pedicure this week. Those twenty minutes of pure relaxation, eyes closed, warm water-soaked feet, and, most importantly, massaging spa chairs that vibrate, roll, and send surging waves of relief to the knots that riddle my shoulders and all the way down my back. Okay, so it has been awhile since my last one.

So I take this day, to bite my tongue. I suppose I wouldn't be a writer unless I had something to say. Maybe best to save even more from the verbal expression and save it for the written.

Your family - well, the usual drill - they - i.e. your parents - don't need to know everything. And what they don't know - sometimes they just don't need to know.

Yup. Gonna go with that.

Maybe it's time for that solo vacation, however small a scale. Just take off for a couple days. Now there's some rich food for thought. Think of the possibilities.

I'm salivating already.