Monday, March 9, 2009

Dark Chocolate-Covered Quiet. And, Fun with Personal Ads.

I am typing on my laptop on my bed. It's 9:30pm and I'm exhausted. Work. Gym. Shower. Dinner. Reading. Behind in my reading. Now debating whether I would stay awake if I pop in Before Sunrise now. Probably not.

As my roommate's cackling echoes in the hallway outside my closed bedroom door, it disrupts the flow of my thoughts and I feel my annoyance festering. There's a smoker outside my window coughing. The clanging of the gate of the apartment building next door. Somebody's over there, getting buzzed in at the callbox. Five old Armenian dudes with nothing to do stand outside for many nights, smoking and yammering away. A short dog with a high-pitched bark is yapping away. The roar of passing cars and the pop-pop-popping if they hit some of the potholes.

Wondering where I can pick up some dark chocolate dipping sauce...I dream of quiet. Dipped in dark chocolate.

DOTW
  • Guys with noserings - the bull branding kind. Hey, if I wanted to herd cattle, I never would have left Boonietown, PA. No sexiness in that.

    Fun with personal ads
    One guy's one-liner is "forget the rest and go with the best." Another's profile headline says "Is it hot in here?" You do know you're 35, right?

    WHAT IS WITH the guys with pictures of themselves in front of fancy cars?
    Guess what? NOBODY CARES. Its all kinds of lame. Save it for your facebook wall postings, buddy - it is attractive to no self-respecting ladies.

    Occupation: "business man." Hmm, and what sort of business would you be in? The business of nose candy? Be more specific.

    Another headline: "in mid-life, but no crisis" - yup. Real convincing. Age? 42. Looking for: women, 21-40. Yeah. Right.