Saturday, October 17, 2009

Breakfast with a side of COTW!

I order the LaFonda omelette at Jinky';s in SaMo - comes with diced
beef, hearty chunks of meat and avocado with red onions, ranchero
sauce, cheddar cheese, and tomato. Not for the faint of heart- I add
chipotle tapatio sauce to it.
The cafe is busy with saturday morning patrons in this beach town.
I grab a seat alone at the bar; I had wandered in, starved after my
free mini spa facial treatment in the neighborhood. I wonder if I
look slightly mysterious - girl sitting alone in a busy diner. Or
pretentious while clicking away on my Blackberry. Probably
pretentious.

COTW
The guy taking my order is wearing jeans and a yellow t-shirt. He has
dark, short, spiky hair (akin to the crest of a wave) and a light
olive complexion. I decide that he is cute and wonder what ethnicity
he is. Something South American, I think.

The other server checking on me is wearing a white t-shirt and a red
belt with rivets in it. Grommets, rivets, whatever they're called. I
wonder why anyone would buy a red belt, and then I remember that I
have one myself. He has a little something picante about him also.

I realize that the crushing has finally returned. Sigh. I feel
relieved - things may be going back to normal in a few more ways than
I thought. Aren't you glad?