Thursday, October 8, 2009

Pounding the pavement. And, Stuff I Can Fit In My Purse.

Nope, I'm not out on the streets, looking for work.
I'm out on vacation with my mother, walking around the whole city of Madrid and then Barcelona. She is the one wearing socks. With sandals.

She found that she doesn't like taking the metro in Spain thus far. She's not a big fan of steps that lead you deep and far from city streets -seems more of a marathon to her. So after our self and guidebook led tours of Madrid, we opted for the double decker tour buses for the Barcelona leg of the trip. Also - its considerably easier, now that I didn't have to plan so intricately in a city I already knew.

I don't remember the last time I went walking this much. I live in LA, so I'm supposed to be living a sedentary lifestyle in my car, driving.

Stuff I Can Fit Into My Purse
While traveling like a tourist I fit in my leather hobo:
-one travel sized umbrella
-my wallet
-one bottle of water
-one digital camera
-one tin of mints
-one coin purse
-one souvenir belt that my mom bought for 2 euros
-one city map
-one map of the closest grocery stores to our hotel
-one cell phone
-a few pages ripped out of a guidebook
-one pair of earbud headphones
-one bottle of hand sanitizer

How nice it is, to not have to work today. A day off. Forgot what that feels like.

Es como un perfecto cafe con leche, o una bebida que bebes cuando estas en placa reial. Descubriendo algo que te encanta para el primer tiempo. Hace buen tiempo, la ciudad es hermosa, asi, sientes hermosa tambien. Es una cosa para decirle a alguien, es una otra para tu estar alli.

------------------------

Sent using Blackberry