Friday, October 9, 2009

Those crazy kids.



I'm at this club in Barcelona and its 2:50am, so just getting hot. There's a guy that I know for sure has gotten in with sneakers, and some of these girls look barely 19, or even younger. The PYTs (girls and guys) are up and about, dancing around, shaking what their mommas gave them. I'm not over there - that's me in the corner, having spotted a pod chair with pillows, I am sitting down. Ooh baby, to sit down. those PYTs can keep dancing. I'm just gonna sit right here. Then there are these dudes that look to be in their late 30s. Yep.

I'm trying to remember the last time I was up this late and then I stop when I realize its because it must be at least 6 months to a year.

I've had half of a rum and coke and I feel like I'm done with alcohol for the night (or the year). Why do vacations have to go by so quickly? Can us Americans catch on to Europe's example 3 or 4 weeks of national holidays? Can that be put into reality? Hmm.

I mean, aren't we in an economic depression ?

Am relieved to find that these crazy kids are listening to the same things circa 2003. They will not be achy tomorrow morning from their night of clubbing. Its different when you have bills to pay. (I'm the one in the plaid dress on the right, looking for a place to sit down.)

I feel kinda old. Time to go home now.

[Photos: www.delisgroup.com]