Saturday, July 10, 2010

Crossroads.

It seems that, the older you get, the more times you are faced with crossroads.  If you go down this path, the direction will lead you to a place such that you are unable to go back.

And, of course, life throws you curve balls sometimes.

Such is life.

No decision is without consequence; no step forward is made without changing you into a different person than you were pre - aforementioned step taken.

I was called in for jury duty, and selected for the jury.  I found it to be quite the baneful existence.  (See previous posts.)  Between conversations with the temp covering my desk and hopping on the metro to downtown, my friend from New York came to town and visited me for a week, and with jury duty and going to Mexico for a missions trip (another once-in-a-blue-moon occurrence), I barely managed to spend two days with her.  I had gotten what I thought was an ear infection, and then I had a case of bad carsick/motion sickness with a blend of diarrhea, migraine, and outright exhaustion.
My landlord called me - he had decided to sell his condo (which I am currently renting out and living in) and informed me that, after the lease ended, I had 30 days to move after the condo was sold.  I am also keeping my eyes open for creative opportunities so that I could finally take that giant leap forward and pursue a writing career that was truly my passion (read: this means jobhunting).

Also, two writing programs' deadlines had come and gone, neither of which I ended up applying to, the aforementioned circumstances not helping my cause.

It's all happening, I suppose.  It's all happening, right now, all, simultaneously.  

It's all got me wondering.  Hmmm.  My purpose, my passion, my pursuits, my failures.  Gets difficult not to dwell on one's failures.  And then I remember, that God's will isn't always your will, and God's timing is for sure not going to revolve around mine.  And I remember that God doesn't use perfect people.

And I also remember, Thank God I have a hot shower in bathroom.  And epsom salts.  Things could be a whole lot worse.

Like still being on jury duty.