Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Wednesday Fog, Wedding Date, and COTW.

For some reasons I keep thinking about things...I shouldn't be thinking about. Sometimes I feel like I relate more to 100daysinbed.blogspot.com than my own friends in that respect.

Cake Boss

  • Right about now I could go for a piece of cake from Sweet Lady Jane. Thanks, Cake Boss. You have just added some fondant to my thighs. Buddy! Make me a cake! That man could make a cake that looks like anything. But mainly, it's got me thinking about triple berry cakes from Sweet Lady Jane's. Not that I need to be thinking about cake. Or Roscoe's chicken-and-waffles-combo.

    On the Brain.
    The top of my lip is dry. I wonder if its possible to get sunburned on one part of your lip. About 2 millimeter section. Who gets dryness in a 2 millimeter spot on their lip? Yep. Real normal.

    I kind of want to get a tattoo. Yes, I know. The truth is, I've always wanted to get one, I just never could decide on where exactly I would put it. Didn't think I had it in me, did ya? I did get an eyebrow ring once. Ask anyone who knew me in college. Really. I did get one. The scar is still there.

    The Beauty of the Wedding Date
    I'm single and incredibly independent, but I like having back-up dates for certain occasions that arise. Weddings are one of them.
    My wedding date flaked. And then I remembered - if I go to a wedding single, then I'll have better chances of meeting someone THERE. Duh. Otherwise, once I saw an attractive single guy, I would have to quickly shove my date across the reception hall and spit out, "Go away! Future Husband is over there." But, honestly, it is nice to have a back-up date for these things. Why, do you ask? Luckily, I'll tell you.

  • Dance Partner.
    Gentlemen, Listen Up, and Listen Well: Women love to dance. We really do. It's for fun, it's a way to kick back, and we always have a good time. We get sick of guys that we can't do anything with or take anywhere. Why do you think sometimes we go out dancing without any guys? It's nice to have someone to dance with at the wedding reception, when all these couples are up and about, dancing out on the floor.

  • To Fend off the Ugly.
    Creepy Drunk Guy at the wedding stumbles over to you, his breath stankalicious with alcohol and his shirt stained with whatever didn't make it down his gullet. This is where Back-Up Date comes into play. Crucial, this one. Your lovely Date, one of your good friends, is also your Boyfriend when anyone asks, but especially when Creepy Drunk Guy, or Awkward Ugly Duckling gets up in your grill; you have someone else to help you fend him off.

  • To Keep You Company.
    Last, but certainly not least, your date is there to do the most important thing: hang out with you. Weddings can be packed to the brim with people you don't know and may have nothing in common with you; with your awesome guy friend as your date, you'll have someone to talk to for the whole night, someone who you can make small talk with the other guests with. And, you two can order two different dishes and get to sample all the food being served.

    COTW[crush-of-the-week]

  • Your good friend, the wedding date, of course. Looks good in a suit and tie, along with the three factors aforementioned above.

  • Guys that can make dessert - cakes, in particular.