Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Every four years.

So career and dating has been on the brain lately.  Well, sure, career, and the fact that I should, apparently, be focusing on dating, or at least pay some attention to it.  It is, honestly, the least of my priorities at the moment.

But, I wonder, if I spent half the amount of time and energy thinking about or working on my love life that I did on my career, how successful I would be in love.  I mean, that goes for anything, right?  Spend time on one thing, keep working on it and improvements will arise; progress becomes imminent.

Someone posed the question of how many guys I've dated.  If that includes single, one-time dates, then my total is: 6.  Does that sound like a lot?  I mean, I'm including my junior prom date who I never went out with after we went to prom.  I think the number is low.  When you stop and think about it, the percentage of guys that you meet (or vice versa the women, for guys), at least, out of all the guys you've ever met in your life, the percentage of which you end up getting interested in, and actually pursue, is fractional.  Fractional, I'm telling you.

And if I calculate the total number of guys, that averages out to me dating one guy every four years or so.

So basically, then...

Every (Presidential) election year.  Every Olympic year (Summer Games because they're more exciting than the Winter Games).  Every leap year.  Well, you get the gist of it.