Thursday, June 18, 2009

My Apartment Hunting Checklist.

I would save soooo much money if I lived in the burbs with my parents. But then I'd be - living in the burbs - with my parents.
As we near the end date of our lease, I dread the looming task of apartment hunting yet again. This would be move number five in four years. And why, in this tinseltown of golden dreams and high hopes, are all the apartments in the land dank and kind of depressing?

Anyhew, here's what I've got on my Checklist to begin with...

  • Parking: covered, gated, and not tandem.
  • Neighbors: None under the age of 5 (meaning, not of the wailing-and-crying stock.)
  • Pets: None in the building, none that can be heard. I am not what you'd call pet-friendly.
  • Square Footage: 500 SF at least, ideally. And a loft with 30 foot high ceilings. Hey, I still dare to dream.
  • Inhabitants: Does not come with a roommate. But will probably be priced such that I will wish I had a roommate.
  • Neighborhood: Downtown/Koreatown/Hollywood. Basically any part of town where I can get to a metro and thus, not drive to work. Maybe then I'll sell my car and only consort with those who live near metro stations or pick me up from my abode.