Friday, March 19, 2010

Behold, the Power of the Cute Boy.

It happened.  Who knew?  I started taking an improv class a few weeks ago.  This is week four, and every week I have dreaded going to class.  Yeah, the class is long, and yeah, it's out of my comfort zone, and yeah, I have no idea what I'm doing.
But today, at tonight's class, I had a little fun.  There is the girl that reminds you of one of the girls you went to high school with, the down-to-earth one that gets along with everyone.  Then there's the girl that looks like a track star.  And then there's a guy that we learn wrestles for WWE.  Oh yeah - and I noticed there was a cute boy in my class - let's call him 'Face.'  Face looks pretty young, I'm guessing no more than 22 or 23 years old.  Adorable.  You just wanna hug him.  Fresh-faced guy who reminds me of a guy I used to know. 

Why do we instantly gravitate towards people who remind us of people we used to know?  I mean, of course the physical familiarity gives us a sense of comfort - but after fully knowing well that these are complete strangers that simply resemble faces of our past, why do we still do it? 

Maybe it was the tee-shirt-and-cardigan combo with that effortless mix of preppy and casual.  Subtle, yet effective.  Hellooo, motivation!

Ladies, beware: you can never outgrow the Power of the Cute Boy.  Has Liz Lemon taught us nothing from her experience with Jamie?
[30 Rock, Season 2, 'Cougars']

(Photo: https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhWH6QHzXvUx4Phnx519609o9aGQSEBVEdcTqQJhi9X9FBri9eACpU8UgUB3oZazS5BmPrb965dToskuHqE4RhxfxCL9FPLgbVvV5FH-Sc3pzyBGwW7JrOQnWAOIjoe8oOf4xKhyphenhyphenAirovFX/s1600-r/30+Rock+01.jpg)

COTW [crush-of-the-week]


  • Fresh-faced boys in your class.  Or workplace.  Basically the Cute Boy Power that helps motivate you to go.