Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Immature & Irresponsible.

I Love Virgin America.
In-flight satellite television. Food and beverages on demand. Movies on demand. Friendly flight attendants - the ones that don't seem beaten down by life. This airline is too cool for school, just like you.
Hey - it's the little things in life. Liz Lemon would know what I'm talking about!

I wish I invented Virgin America. And Zappos.
Can I have my money now?

Took some days for R&R to visit a few friends in nyc. This is what happens as we walk down the street. It's probably 40 degrees outside.

Me: Is your face cold?
Friend: No.
Me: Oh. (break) Yeah, me either.

Immature & Irresponsible.
I'm too old to be immature and irresponsible. I don't think I was ever irresponsible, even when I was young. I'm so responsible that, as an adult, I contemplate how and why and the context in which I would plan to be irresponsible; a premeditated kind. A Planned Irresponsibility. What an oxymoron.

You can't always do what you want. There are consequences, responsibilities, etc. many things, all the things about LIFE and REALITY that you can't control.

Inevitably, and surprisingly still, I find myself in the situation. And I am left wondering how exactly it is that I got there. How exactly did everything come to this? Romeo and Juliet didn't know that the sparks would lead to offing themselves; they didn't think it would come to that. But, they always knew what they wanted at any given moment - that consistency didn't seem to waver.

I've been waxing poetic on this only because its been weighing heavily upon me. What next? What does the girl in the mirror say? Stay tuned, folks!

WOTW
  • polemic. An aggressive attack on or refutation of the opinions or principles of another; the art or practice of disputation or controversy; an aggressive controversialist.