Thursday, March 11, 2010

Risk, baby.

WOTW [word-of-the-week]


  • risk. noun.
    1. possibility of loss or injury: peril.
    2. something or someone that creates or suggests a hazard.
    3. a : the chance of loss or the perils to the subject matter of an insurance contract; also : the degree of probability of such loss b : a person or thing that is a specified hazard to an insurer c : an insurance hazard from a specified cause or source
    4 : the chance that an investment (as a stock or commodity) will lose value
    [www.webster.com]


  • "I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it." ~Pablo Picasso

    "I dip my pen in the blackest ink, because I'm not afraid of falling into my inkpot." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

    "Living at risk is jumping off the cliff and building your wings on the way down." ~Ray Bradbury

    “You have to take risks. We will only understand the miracle of life fully when we allow the unexpected to happen.” ~Paulo Coelho

    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did so. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~Mark Twain

    “Be brave. Take risks. Nothing can substitute experience.” ~Paulo Coelho

    "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
    I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous hand." ~Isaiah 41:10