Monday, March 22, 2010

The Language of Roses, What Your Dancing Says About You, & Prince Charming Does Not Exist.

The Language of Roses.
I absolutely hate carnations.  They are ugly, half-shriveled looking ruffles with a pungent, powdery aroma which is suffocating.
Do men even send flowers anymore?  The romantic is a dying breed.  (note: definition below.)

The Color of Roses: What They Mean.
  • Red: Romance & Love.
  • Yellow: Friendship & Caring.
  • White: Innocence & Purity.
  • Blue: Mystery, Rarity.
  • Pink: Happiness.
  • Orange: Desire.
  • Lavender: Enchantment. I personally hate lavender. It reminds me of musty old curtains and Miss Havisham - old and sad and beautiful only a long time ago. Blech.

    Shaking What Yo' Mama Gave Ya: What Your Moves Say About You.
    Every single person has a very unique dancing style. You could dance with a few different partners, each partner doing the same exact steps, but each person has a completely different style. (Sidenote: I wonder if I could recognize who I'm dancing with when blindfolded. I am pretty confident that I'd be able to identify each partner.)
  • Sweaty. You can feel the hands - yup, there's always that super sweaty guy.
  • Slow. That one slow-moving partner, not quite yet up to speed with the music. His steps are slow, not yet skilled, and he is unsure of his footing.
  • Aerobic. Some partners you don't feel like dancing with once you realize that when you do dance with them, it becomes more of a workout for you and less fun. Too many spins, too many intricate moves with little breaks in between.

    Do you want to know what my dance partners have said about me? I'll tell you. I've been told that when I dance, my partner can sense my anticipation of the next steps. Yup - I'm basically thinking and trying to anticipate my partner's next moves. And - partners are supposed to apply an equal amount of pressure. When my partner does not lead clearly, then I tend to take the lead. I know. Shocker.

    Prince Charming does not exist.
    I'm aware that more likely Mr. Good Enough or Mr. Right Now evolve into Mr. Right, or Prince Charming Enough. But - ah, perfection, it does not exist. I have not ever met Prince Charming. I did meet one that came quite close - one Prince Charming Enough. I have met Prince Socially Awkward, Prince Spastic, Prince Selfish, Prince-with-Low-Self-Esteem, Prince Rhythmically Challenged, Prince Chemistry-and-Nothing-Else, Prince Boring.

    WOTW [word-of-the-week]
  • Romantic.
    1 : consisting of or resembling a romance
    2 : having no basis in fact : imaginary
    3 : impractical in conception or plan : visionary
    4 a : marked by the imaginative or emotional appeal of what is heroic, adventurous, remote, mysterious, or idealized b often capitalized : of, relating to, or having the characteristics of romanticism c : of or relating to music of the 19th century characterized by an emphasis on subjective emotional qualities and freedom of form; also : of or relating to a composer of this music
    5 a : having an inclination for romance : responsive to the appeal of what is idealized, heroic, or adventurous b : marked by expressions of love or affection c : conducive to or suitable for lovemaking
    6 : of, relating to, or constituting the part of the hero especially in a light comedy
    [www.merriam-webster.com]