Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Fresh Start. The Hair - or is it the Face?

I feel like I need to hit a 'Restart' button. Having a fresh start, cleaning out old clothes, getting a new book, having an extra spring in your step.

I think that's what I need these days.  I'm going to review my pages and see what my latest To Do List was for this year. You know - figure out what I can check off and see what's left on the list. I don't really make New Years' Resolutions - but I'm an avid To Do Listmaker of goals throughout the year. I've been trying to pay more attention to doing this. No one else is going to make sure those things on your list get done except for YOU, anyway.

So today - today I am going back to the List. What's on my list, you say? Oh come on, this is a blog, not a spoiler alert of my life. I like to keep personal things personal; I hate loose lips.

These days I'm striving to focus - but I think trying new things is still very crucial to keeping things fresh. Don't trainers tell you not to keep doing the same ol' exercises and to mix things up? Note to self: go find that ol' bag of tricks and see what's in there.

The Hair - or is it the Face?
I feel a little unkempt today; for sure I am guilty on more than one occasion of what certain stylists would pinpoint as "getting dressed in the dark"; my hair is still wet from my limited time with the hair dryer and the mad dash out the front door.

Once finding myself surrounded by a group of people, I found my eyes resting upon one of the women. She looked old. No make-up, and the same hairstyle kept for quite some time.  The hair looks old.  The face looks old.  Or maybe the hair and the face look tired?  There is no color in her face (but she's not sick or anything) - that's just her natural look - there is simply no color in her face.

She's not much older than I am. I wonder if I look old. 
I push the thought away and focus on the task at hand.  I've got to call Helen. She's my stylist.

Time to shake things up a bit - I mean, do something with this hair.

It took me five years to find Helen - and yes, it is harder to find a good stylist than it is to find a boyfriend.  I'm never going to any other stylist for as long as I can manage.

Who says I'm a commitment phobe ?